The Research Center for Open Science and Data Platform (RCOS) was established at the National Institute of Informatics (NII) for the purpose of developing and operating research data infrastructure, thereby laying the foundation of Open Science in Japan.
Research is expected to shift to a new research paradigm, specifically Open Science, through the open collaboration and sharing of research publications and data within academia and beyond, thus accelerating the progress of research and meeting the social challenges of today.
- 2023.07.13 NEWS EUDAT published "Japan and Europe Working to Enhance Data-Driven Science" (11 Jul. 2023)
- 2022.04.19 NEWS NII RCOS has integrated "CiNii Articles" into "CiNii Research" (18 Apr. 2022)
- 2021.06.15 NEWS G7 2021 Research Compact, the official document of the G7 Cornwall Summit, mentions the actions for collaboration on open science research base (13 Jun. 2021)
- 2021.02.16 NEWS Commencement of full operation of research data management platform "GakuNin RDM" (15 Feb. 2021)
- 2020.11.06 NEWS "CiNii Research Pre-version" is released (6 Nov. 2020)
- 2020.10.05 NEWS The "COVID-19 Data Portal JAPAN" is launched (5 Oct. 2020)
- 2020.03.03 NEWS NII Sign a Memorandum of Understanding on the launch of MERAL, a open national research portal in Myanmar (21 Feb. 2020)
- 2019.03.18 NEWS NII collaborates with WACREN on research and development of Open Science infrastructure (15 Mar. 2019)
- 2019.01.08 NEWS Prof. Funamori appointed as a Board of Directors of Force11 (1 Jan 2019)
- 2018.10.17 NEWS NII and CERN Sign a Memorandum of Understanding on Joint Development of Next Generation Repository System (4 Sep. 2018)
- 2018.05.30 NEWS Prof. Yamaji got elected Vice-Chairman of Confederation of Open Access Repositories (COAR) (14-17 May 2018).
- 2017.10.05 MAINTENANCE Tuesday 5th October 2017, 14:00-15:00.
- 2017.05.26 EVENT Research Data Utilization Forum (on 26 June 2017).
- 2017.05.09 EVENT We will make a presentation on RCOS at the NII Open Forum (9 & 10 June 2017).
- 2017.04.01 NEWS Inauguration of the Research Center for Open Science and Data Platform (RCOS).